Tuesday, December 1, 2009

faith like a child




This is one of my favorite moments with the kids. I took this a year ago and loved watching them play that day with such freedom and joy. I think God loves it when I am free. So lately I sense Him calling me to be a child again and live with similar passion, security and trust. Child-like faith though is not natural for me as the first born daughter. I've learned to be responsible, nice, tolerate a lot, be peacemaker, and carry other people's burdens. I've relied on myself and the strength of my own faith for too long now. Nothing even turns out right when I rely on my own resources and try to do things the "responsible" way. So I'm learning that it's not my faith or how strong I can be, but WHO I put my faith in. It's in a faithful, loving, immovable God. Sounds so simple. Probably thought it too simple a few years ago, but this realization in my heart has been a milestone in my faith this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment